02 November 2008

HSKS6 Gryffindor Homework

Homework time! Looks like this week we've got an essay to complete. Well here goes...

1. Name your favorite magical creature, and describe why it is your favorite.
House elves.. well, more specifically Dobby. I adore how loyal and wonderful he is to Harry even though he belonged to the icky Malfoy family. He knew that Harry was good and the Malfoy's were bad from the beginning and kept trying to save Harry's life... even if he did get him into loads of trouble at home and school!

2. Tell us your favorite charm, spell or curse, and explain why you like it.
Lumos, because I just don't like walking around in the dark! I like to keep my wand around all the time and be able to turn a light on in an instant.

And of course, Muffiato, since I am a bit of a gossip (a yenta) and this way no one will overhear my friends and I.

3. Describe your favorite holiday family tradition - which holiday and what makes it special.
For Halloween, I always carve 2 or 3 pumpkins and then roast the seeds. This year I made a "standard" pumpkin face and a Jack pumpkin face (from The Nightmare Before Christmas). Jack was a huge hit with all my neighbors.

For Christmas, since I am Jewish, I have been celebrating it with my best friend and her family since 1993. I stay with them for about a week and on Christmas Eve, she and I wrap all the gifts and assemble whatever needs assembling for her little boys. And then we have gift opening around 7am at her house with breakfast and a second round at about 3pm at her parents house with an early dinner.

4. Name your favorite fiber-based (knitted, crocheted, or spun) finished object.
I call it my Flower Power hat in Ravelry, but it never received its' flower. I would wear this baby everywhere if I could. It's fairly open weave and made of yummy Malabrigo and for real, THE softest item I own. Plus it's a really simple and fast pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment