28 May 2007

Laptop Case

I created a laptop case for my Vaio. I needed something to keep it from being jostled so much in my messenger bag. I found a bunch of patterns online, but since I am terrible at reading patterns, I created my own. It is totally stockinette stitch and the flap was decreased a few stitches per row. I am very impressed with the way it turned out. I used Lion Brand Thick and Quick in Sky Blue, Pumpkin and Denim. The main body is Sky Blue, 3 rows in Pumpkin to pull the blues together, then the rest of the body and the flap in Denim. and the sides were sewn up with the Pumpkin. I even figured out buttonholes - holy shit, never again! - and sewed 3 buttons on to keep the flap shut. And just to add to the Gator-ness of it all, I put 2 Gator shaped buttons on there as well.




Nicky took the pictures during our drive to Harker's Island on Saturday. I haven't taken the actual FO pictures yet, but these are just amazing the way he took them. Considering he's barely 6 years old, you gotta agree! ;-)

Plus, the fact that it actually fits on Vaio and I only had to frog around the buttonholes... I should get major props LOL

3 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I'm hosting the swap over at Create a Connection.
    Your name will be on the list where you will be matched up with the person you are giving to and the person who will be sending to you for the swap.
    Make sure to check the list to see who you are paired up with.
    If you have any questions please email me via my blog or Melba of Create a Connection.
    http://www.bealivebelievebeyou.com/
    cheeky xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please check the list at CaC. It has been updated with your swap partner's email.

    cheeky

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanx for such a fantastic website. Where else could someone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the look out for such information. LaptopCases4u

    ReplyDelete